Our new Tax & Legal rules!
HBN Law & Tax is committed to always being there for both our clients and colleagues. In a constantly changing world, we believe we should be at the peak of our capabilities every day. That’s why we strive for a workplace that promotes ambition and quality. Our iconic firm is the largest legal service provider in the Caribbean part of the Kingdom, with offices in Curaçao, Aruba, Bonaire, Sint Maarten, Suriname, and Den Haag. Our team and services are rapidly expanding, prompting us to search for a Tax & Legal Assistant for our Suriname branch.
As a Tax & Legal Assistant, your role is pivotal to the progress we make. You will assist and prepare tax advice and correspondence with tax authorities and conduct research on less complex tasks. Attend meetings with (potential) clients. Provide tax advice to customers. Prepare tax returns, check and classify them, and gather information within a predetermined framework. Assist (Senior) Managers, Directors, and Partners in tasks. Develop commercial skills and relay opportunities to the Senior Manager. Work independently and liaise with colleagues when necessary.
What we expect from you
- Completed HBO degree in Fiscal Economics or Fiscal Law
- Basic Tax Accounting knowledge
- Analytical and pragmatic approach
- Strong numerical skills and can easily translate between tax and finance
- Good communication skills and accuracy
- Proficiency in both Dutch and English, spoken and written
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Curious about developments in the field and driven to make a difference with our team
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, and not shy of challenging the status quo
- At least two years of experience in tax advisory practice or a similar working environment
- A team player
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Reliable and with integrity
What you can expect from us
- Excellent terms of employment
- A pleasant, informal, yet professional working environment
- Opportunities for growth.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. If you have questions about the role, call us at +(597) 471683. For more information about HBN Law & Tax, visit our website www.hbnlawtax.com.